Copying code patterns between repositories#
Copy tool and pattern configurations in bulk between your repositories to help you bootstrap and standardize the coding standards in your organization.
For example, when adding new repositories on Codacy you can copy the tool and pattern configurations from an existing repository that's already configured, and then tweak and adapt the settings for your new repositories.
To ensure that multiple repositories consistently follow the same tool and code pattern configurations throughout your organization, use a coding standard instead.
Consider the following when using this feature:
- Tool matching: Codacy only copies settings for tools that are available on both the source and target repositories, and overwrites the existing settings for these tools on the target repository.
- Toggle status: Codacy copies the enabled or disabled status of the matching tools from the source to the target repository.
- Configuration files: Codacy copies the UI configuration of all matching tools, even those set to use configuration files. However, the import doesn't include the configuration mode itself and doesn't copy configuration files across repositories.
The following example illustrates the points above:
|Target repository after import
To copy the tool and pattern configurations from one repository to other repositories:
Open your organization Policies page, tab Bulk copy code patterns.
Follow the instructions to select:
The source repository from where to copy the configurations
One or more target repositories to apply the configurations
You can use the language filter to help you find target repositories that use the same language as the source repository that you selected.
Use the Operation summary to review the changes that will be applied and click Apply changes.
Codacy will use the updated configurations on the next analysis in each target repository.
- Applying a coding standard across multiple repositories
- Configuring code patterns on each repository
- Importing pattern configurations from another repository
Share your feedback 📢
Did this page help you?
Thanks for the feedback! Is there anything else you'd like to tell us about this page?
255 characters left
We're sorry to hear that. Please let us know what we can improve:
255 characters left
Alternatively, you can create a more detailed issue on our GitHub repository.
Thanks for helping improve the Codacy documentation.
Edit this page on GitHub if you notice something wrong or missing.
If you have a question or need help please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.