How does Codacy support GitLab Cloud?#
When you use GitLab Cloud to sign up or log into Codacy, the GitLab Groups that you belong to will be available to be added as Organizations on Codacy.
After adding a Group:
- Codacy displays the list of all repositories that you own in that Group and Subgroups so that you can add them to Codacy as repositories to be analyzed
- The members of the Group will be able to join or request to join Codacy
If you have repositories that don't belong to any Group, you can still add those on Codacy by choosing your "personal" organization.
Currently, the integration between Codacy and GitLab Cloud has the following limitations:
- Users that are deleted from GitLab are not automatically removed from Codacy. These users must be manually removed from Codacy, namely to ensure that Codacy only bills seats corresponding to active users.
- Renamed Group paths aren't automatically renamed on Codacy, causing Codacy to stop analyzing the repositories in those groups. You must click the button Synchronize in the settings of the corresponding Organization on Codacy to synchronize the Group path and resume the analysis of the repositories.
- Deleted Groups are not automatically deleted from Codacy. However, you can manually delete the corresponding Organizations from Codacy.
- Repositories that are moved between Groups are not automatically transferred between Organizations on Codacy. You must manually delete these repositories from their source Organization and add them to their new Organization.
- It is not possible to add repositories with the same name to the Codacy organization. Repositories having the same name but belonging to different GitLab Subgroups would collide if they were added to the same Codacy organization.
- Codacy doesn't analyze pull requests submitted from forked repositories.
- Share projects with other groups isn't fully supported on Codacy. Users from the "other groups" can join the Organization that owns the project on the Codacy side, and Codacy will analyze the commits from those users. However, those users won't be able to access the project on the Codacy UI.
Share your feedback 📢
Did this page help you?
Thanks for the feedback! Is there anything else you'd like to tell us about this page?
255 characters left
We're sorry to hear that. Please let us know what we can improve:
255 characters left
Alternatively, you can create a more detailed issue on our GitHub repository.
Thanks for helping improve the Codacy documentation.
Edit this page on GitHub if you notice something wrong or missing.
If you have a question or need help please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.