These release notes are for Codacy Self-hosted v8.0.0, released on May 12, 2022.
📢 Visit the Codacy roadmap and let us know your feedback on both new and planned product updates!
Upgrading Codacy Self-hosted#
Follow the steps below to upgrade to Codacy Self-hosted v8.0.0:
Check the release notes for all Codacy Self-hosted versions between your current version and the most recent version for breaking changes and follow the instructions provided carefully.
Follow the instructions to upgrade your Codacy Self-hosted instance.
Update your Codacy command-line tools to the versions with the Git tag
ESLint 8 will be enabled by default on new repositories starting on this version of Codacy Self-hosted.
The previous Codacy Self-hosted version already included ESLint 8 as a new supported tool and deprecated ESLint 7, and Codacy recommends that you migrate to the new version of the tool to benefit from the new features and fixes of ESLint.
See how to migrate your configuration files to use ESLint 8. (CY-5848)
- Updated the design of the Code patterns page to make the currently selected tool more noticeable. (CY-6021)
- Added support for the ESLint plugin eslint-plugin-es to disallow the syntax of specific ECMAScript versions. (CY-5968)
- Moved the code coverage setup page under the repository Settings, tab Coverage. The new page includes a list of the most recent coverage reports uploaded to Codacy to help you troubleshoot your coverage setup. (CY-5399)
- Fixed an issue that could be used by an attacker to redirect Codacy users to a malicious URL. CVSS v3.1 score: 6.5 (Medium) (CY-6052)
- Fixed a broken link in the notification emails sent to organization admins when new members ask to join an organization. (CY-5979)
- Fixed an issue that prevented Codacy from listing GitHub repositories on the Repositories list. (CY-5935)
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Organization Overview page to display pull requests with the wrong status under the Most problematic open pull requests tab. (CY-5872)
- Now, the Files page always displays the Coverage column on repositories that have coverage set up, even if there's no coverage data for any of the displayed files. (CY-5555)
This version of Codacy Self-hosted includes the tool versions below. The tools that were updated on this version are highlighted in bold:
- Ameba 0.13.1
- Bandit 1.7.0
- Brakeman 4.3.1
- bundler-audit 0.6.1
- Checkov 2.0.399
- Checkstyle 8.44
- Clang-Tidy 10.0.1
- CodeNarc 2.2.0
- CoffeeLint 2.1.0
- Cppcheck 2.2
- Credo 1.4.0
- CSSLint 1.0.5
- dartanalyzer 2.16.2 (updated from 2.16.1)
- detekt 1.19.0
- ESLint 8.14.0 (updated from 8.10.0)
- ESLint (deprecated) 7.32.0
- Faux-Pas 1.7.2
- Flawfinder 2.0.19 (updated from 2.0.11)
- Gosec 2.8.1
- Hadolint 1.18.2
- Jackson Linter 2.10.2
- JSHint 2.12.0
- markdownlint 0.23.1
- PHP Mess Detector 2.10.1
- PHP_CodeSniffer 3.6.2
- PMD 6.36.0
- Prospector 1.3.1
- PSScriptAnalyzer 1.18.3
- Pylint 1.9.5
- Pylint (Python 3) 2.7.4
- remark-lint 7.0.1
- Revive 1.0.2
- RuboCop 1.28.2 (updated from 1.26.1)
- Scalastyle 1.5.0
- ShellCheck 0.7.2
- Sonar C# 8.33 (updated from 8.30)
- Sonar Visual Basic 8.15
- spectral-rulesets 1.2.7
- SpotBugs 4.5.3
- SQLint 0.2.1
- Staticcheck 2020.1.6
- Stylelint 14.2.0
- SwiftLint 0.43.1
- Tailor 0.12.0
- TSLint 6.1.3
- TSQLLint 1.11.1
Share your feedback 📢
Did this page help you?
Thanks for the feedback! Is there anything else you'd like to tell us about this page?
255 characters left
We're sorry to hear that. Please let us know what we can improve:
255 characters left
Alternatively, you can create a more detailed issue on our GitHub repository.
Thanks for helping improve the Codacy documentation.
Edit this page on GitHub if you notice something wrong or missing.
If you have a question or need help please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.