Members of an organization can see the details of the repositories in that organization and add new repositories to be analyzed by Codacy. Besides this, Codacy only analyzes commits to private repositories from contributors who are members of the corresponding organization on Codacy.
Make sure that you invite or ask your team members to join your organization on Codacy so that Codacy analyzes their commits on private repositories.
To list and manage the members of your organization, open your organization Settings, page People. This page also shows when the organization members last logged in to Codacy:
Joining an organization¶
To become a member of an organization on Codacy you must sign up to Codacy using your Git provider and follow the instructions to either join an existing organization or add a new one.
To join or add an organization after having complete the signup process, click Organizations on the top right-hand menu under your avatar:
On Codacy Cloud, organization owners can control who joins their organization by choosing one of the following options on the page Plan and Billing of the organization:
- Allow new people to join: team members with access to the organization on the Git provider can join the organization on Codacy automatically. Your billing is updated accordingly.
- New people need to request access to join: when team members with access to the organization on the Git provider join the organization on Codacy, an organization owner must manually approve their requests on the page People. You can override this setting for organization owners.
Adding people to your organization¶
On Codacy Cloud, organization owners can also invite team members to their organization on Codacy. This is useful to allow Codacy to analyze commits in private repositories by contributors who haven't signed up to Codacy or joined the organization yet.
To add members to your organization:
Open your organization Settings, page People, and click the button Add people.
Select people from the list displaying pending requests to join the organization, as well as recent contributors to the private repositories in your organization.
Alternatively, click Add people using email addresses to manually enter the list of email addresses of the people you wish to add.
Confirm the updated billing details displayed at the bottom of the window and click the button Add people.
Removing people from your organization¶
Members of an organization on Codacy can remove themselves from the organization, and organization owners can also remove other members.
When a member leaves an organization:
- Codacy stops analyzing commits to private repositories in the organization from contributors who are no longer members of the organization on Codacy
- Codacy stops analyzing repositories that were added by the member
- Organizations must have at least one owner, so when the last organization owner leaves the organization they must either add someone else as owner or delete the organization
To remove members from your organization open your organization Settings, page People, and click the icon next to the members you wish to remove:
Did this page help you?
Thank you for the feedback!
We're sorry to hear that. Please let us know what we can improve.